Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We can't say we didn't make the most of it!

On the eve of this "1st Day Back to School" I feel content. I think I've cried my share of tears over the thought of my baby going to Kindergarten {don't worry though, I saved some JUST for tomorrow!}. I've wondered countless minutes over "where did time pass us by SOOOO very fast"?? I've worried hours over "did I prepare her enough for school, give her the confidence she needs to withstand MEAN KIDS & to be comfortable about who she is, the kindness to "treat others as you would want to be treated", to respect her teachers & those around her, to LOVE JESUS despite all she faces in her next 16+ years of school, oh & so much more"?? Cry, wonder, worry as I may the eve before that 1st day of school is here! Nothing I can do now but just jump on this school ride enjoy & support her as much as I can! Cause it's what I've done with my soon to be 2nd grader!!

I decided there was NO ROOM for sadness around this house today & so we made our way downtown to make the most of this day!
I let them pretty much run the show....all with reason of course!
Imax was 1st on the list! We watched the most PRECIOUS movie Born to be Wild while munching away on popcorn
LOVE THESE 2
We then made our way over the Ocean side of the TN Aquarium {LOVE being a member.....no guilt in a 1 hour visit!} where the oldest requested to "pet the stingrays"......
the youngest requested to "see sharks"
& stopping for a few minutes to gaze at the wonders of Jelly Fish......being asked by the oldest "how do they have babies"......curiousity! LOVE IT!
I hope these girls never tire of loving on their momma........
cause I know I can't get enough!
Then, quite possibly the highlight of their day was playing in all the various "water play" areas that surround the aquarium for the next couple hours
Foot & Handprint of Emery: 5 1/2 years old
Foot & Handprint of Kayden: 7 1/2 years old
WHO NEEDS LUNCH?
Not these 3 Hughes chicks! Ice Cream at Sweet CeCe's was the best lunch a girl could ask for!
Our evening was just as I had envisioned it to be! A scrubbing from head to toe, clipping of the fingernails & toenails, lotion from face to toes, combing & blow drying of the hair, cleaning of the ears, uniform of choice laid out on bed, & stories in bed! Yep quite a dreamy evening.....for me I guess! But why did I think these 2 girls of mine would fall into a dreamy state of sleep at 745 pm after we've kept the most ERRATIC summer sleep schedule we've EVER kept??!! Messenger bags are chuck full of brand new school supplies, shots up to date, lunch bags are waiting to be filled with their choice of 1st day back to school lunch {will report on that later!}, book reports neatly finished & waiting to be passed off........so I guess we're as ready as we're gonna be.....we'll maybe ready for everything but that dreaded alarm & making lunches everyday! :)

3 comments:

Hanne Noel said...

will be thinking / praying for you tomorrow. time sure does fly. so unfair. next monday i will send my first off on his way. oy. looking forward to reports back on your baby's first day! good luck mom!

Melanie Anne said...

What a perfect end to the summer:) Hope the first day was happy! My boys are getting home soon from their first day--we have cookies in the oven:) Yum!This is a special day for sure! I would still love to get together sometime! xo

girlwithmoxy said...

Awww, this just makes me remember the sweet times we had down there at the aquarium and in the water. it's such a great place to live! hope your school year is wonderful!