Friday, February 24, 2012

Annual Valentines Dinner!

I've lost track as to how many years we've been doing this.....that means it's been more than 2 or 3. Jon & I do not celebrate Valentines but one year I decided to make a special candlelight dinner for the 4 of us & it instantly became one of the girls' favorite holidays!! I love that some simple acts can bring them such fond memories!

Wrestling daddy while I prepared dinner.....
.....it seems life is extra busy during the week so a night of daddy being home at a decent hour & wrestling is definitely an extra treat!!
I found some bamboo forks....
......knives, spoons
.....& plates! Added a natural look to the table with the pop of red from the napkins!
I set these vases by each of our plates every year & tuck some flowers inside, this year I had no flowers in the house so some wheat looking stuff was used in place....went well with the bamboo!
Our 3rd year using these Beeswax candles! LOVE the naturalness of them!
My Valentines
On the menu:
Tofu/Spinach/Corn Taco's
Sun Dried Tomato Polenta
Roasted Squash & Zucchini
Apple Juice
Desert: Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Raspberries, & Banana's
Dinner is served.....Jon then leads them in while they cover their eyes! I'm telling you they LOVE the anticipation of the whole thing! I don't have to ask them once to NOT LOOK!!
We put a couple little gifts on their plates: Crayola Coloring for their I-Pads
Reusable Sandwich & Snack bags
Very relaxing to sit in the dark....talking, eating, laughing, drinking....
My Love
Even Hilda & Klaus joined us! I told you they'd stay with us past Christmas!! They're too German & cute to pack away! You can barely tell they're Nutcrackers!
Hope you heart was FILLED to the brim on Heart Day!! XO from the Hughes Family!

No comments: