Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pancake Breakfast

This morning we had the privilege of going to a pancake breakfast in honor of a sweet, precious, loving, gorgeous little girl name Mary Alice (Jon works with her dad)!!! She was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis....I think when she was just a baby. She has the absolute best parents in the world who decided to be proactive to allow their daughter every chance at the longest and healthiest life possible by raising money towards research for CF. One of the benefits being this pancake breakfast! As I sat in the restaurant this morning it hit me, for the first time since we met them, why we were there.....I can't even begin to put myself in their shoes. They choose each day to get up and make the best out of each day, what an example to live by. I ask you all to say an extra prayer this morning because Mary Alice is having a procedure done this morning and has to be put under anesthesia. Pray for her Dr's....all of them and pray for whatever it they are looking for to "not be found" or be negative. I can't wait for the day where we can enjoy life to the fullest.....in that we have NO WORRIES AT ALL!!!!

Kayden, Mary Alice, and Emery
Jon and Mike (her dad) doing dishes!!!

1 comment:

girlwithmoxy said...

Great lesson to learn. I always take so much for granted, but then stories like this remind me of my blessings and how much more I can help others! Hope Mary Alice is doing OK!