Wednesday, July 15, 2009

content


I am content. I am ok with where I am in my life today.....is there room for growth?? ALWAYS!!!  Our pastor said a couple weeks ago....if you keep the same beliefs year after year than you ARE NOT GROWING! I think I can apply that to ALL areas of my life!!! My marriage, my kids, my career, my life. I can remember times in my life where I missed out on days, which were LONGING to be filled with enjoyment, just looking forward to that trip in 2 weeks, or that event the next night, ect. I think in part that came fom not being content with where I was. I am working VERY hard to stay in today and enjoy each day that has been given to me. I do have things to look forward to (like leaving in less than 24 hours to spend a long weekend with high school friends) but not getting "blinded" by that event if you will. "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." 


Last week my sister and I sat outside at my mom's while the kids played outside....we commented that it was nice to just sit, relax, and visit. Nothing to do but enjoy those moments!

No comments: