Thursday, September 3, 2009

Food-day 4

Sloppy Joe's
This morning worked out great for Emery to help me get the sloppy joe's ready
so that this evening I could add the sides and call it a meal
*Saute' 1 medium onion until soft, then add some garlic and 1 1/2 bell peppers
and cook for a few minutes
*Add 1 lb of vegetarian beef (I used Morning Star Crumblers) along with 1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce, 2-3 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, 2-3 Tbsp of ketchup

The nice thing about this is it can be made during the day and sit
on the stove until dinner. I think the longer it sits the more the flavors come out!

Toast whole wheat buns, spread some vegenaise on, (optional) slop the mixture on, and eat!
Our sides tonight were sweet potato fries and sauteed green beans

*Preheat oven to 425
*Peel sweet potatoes and cut in to fry sizes
*Place in a blow and add olive oil along with your choice of salt to taste (I used 2 different types of flavored salts)
*Spread on baking pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until slightly browned (you'll know!)
Serve with a side of sour cream! I could have eaten these alone!

No comments: