Friday, September 4, 2009

Food-day 5

Whole Wheat Gnocchi with Feta and Basil
We really like Gnocchi, especially the girls and I. It's kind of a weird
texture for Jon but he doesn't leave any behind!!
You simply boil it for 2-3 minutes until they float to the top and remove from water
Tonight I added feta cheese (needed to use it up....any cheese will do
but parmesan and asiago are fav's of ours) and basil
We leave for vacation tomorrow and I needed to use up zucchini, squash, peppers, and green beans. Just cut them up, added a little canola oil & flavored salt and roasted them!
I've really enjoyed this week of getting lots of new, simple, and healthy recipe's.....definitely need to do this again! Thanks sooooo much Karah for a great idea!
Now I'm looking forward to a wonderful family filled week on the Outer Banks of NC!!!!

No comments: