Thursday, March 15, 2012

Berry 1/2 Marathon

Several weeks ago I met up with my 2 running buddies {who have become more than running buddies.....they are very special friends to me!} & headed to Rome......Rome, GA that is! It was dark when we left but the reward of leaving so early was seeing this gorgeous sunrise! I needed this! I was nervous about this run.....between the holidays, my girls' birthdays, & the situation surrounding my sister's delivery my training was extremely minimal! AND I MEAN MINIMAL!!
We arrived & picked up our packets....ooohhhhing & awwwing over the beautiful campus of Berry College! WOW!
It was suppose to be raining & cold but as you can see God had mercy on us!! It was a bit chilly getting started but nothing but blue sunny skies baby!
GO TIME!! We got off to a very fast start which left me quickly out of breath.....I kept waiting for that feeling I get of..."ok here we go I'm feeling this now" which usually occurs around mile 2 or 3! It never came....at one point we all just started running our own race which left me trying hard to keep up but I failed!
I did have 3 people to look forward to seeing at some point along my run but I didn't know when that would be!! Jon & the girls drove down to cheer me on!
Brooke
Teri
At one point I was really struggling.....trying to focus on something to keep me going....I started thinking about Karlie & how far she has come & that YES I could keep on running! NOPE didn't work!! Anxiety swept in & I quickly felt like I was breathing through a tiny straw!
Seeing the girls did help a bit & having them run along side me helped!
UGLY PURE STRUGGLING FACE!!
For the record & kind of funny to me now because I do believe that Jon is my biggest fan!! BUT as I was running towards him I'm saying "I am struggling so bad" to which he so supportingly says...."yes I can tell"!! Ummmm ya thanks! Not what I needed to hear at that point!
I did cross the finish line.....not best time but not my worst BUT I crossed. I finished!! I was happy about that!!
I SOOOO love these girls.....I'm pretty certain we've never had a running date were we haven't laughed our butts off!!
My mini supporters!! LOVE these 2!! Actually the 1st race they've been able to come to & cheer their momma on!
AND my biggest fan!! He can make me feel like a million bucks....well minus previous comment!!
I later laughed at this photo as I should have put a thumbs down....for the fact that I just felt crappy the entire time!
On our way back to the car the girls were doing cartwheels to which Jon told Teri there was no way she could do one {you know that mind playing tricky stuff we adults like to pull!!}! My friends....after 13 miles of running this chick did not 1 but 2 or 3 cartwheels....my camera never did capture the actual flipping of her body but I LOVE this shot.....her love of life!!!
We do have a trail race that we are running next weekend but our next major feat together will be our 1st FULL MARATHON!! Hoping to be running that January 2013! Thank you girls for making running FUN!

No comments: