Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Great Strides

I don't know what it feels like to have my child diagnosed with a life long illness......maybe some of you reading this know. I KNOW that Jon and I are blessed with clean bills of health on both our girls. I DO. NOT. TAKE. THIS. FOR. GRANTED....as we know several families who do know what it feels like to have their child be given a "diagnosis". I pray I do not ever have to know this feeling.

This past Sunday we joined our friends Mike and Bridget Lane in support of their precious daughter Mary Alice who has Cystic Fibrosis at the Great Strides Walk.

We joined them in walking
along with hundreds of other people to raise money so "they" can find a cure
which will allow their daughter (the beautiful blondie in the middle) to live a LONG HAPPY LIFE!!
(what are my girls doing by the way???)
Cause I know for a fact if one of these babes of mine are EVER diagnosed with ANY type of life long illness I would want the world to walk with me.
It's the least we can do......we love this couple. They are more than amazing. You would NEVER know, by being in their presence, that they wake up everyday with that heavy feeling of "will my child out live me or not", "will I walk her down the isle", "will I see her graduate from high school and college".....the list is endless. YET they do not sit back and wait they fight and FIGHT hard in hopes of the BEST LIFE for MARY ALICE!

(My flower child after the walk)

No comments: