Friday, November 19, 2010

The BIG 3-0

My "baby" sister turned 30 last weekend! Any birthday is worth celebrating BIG but then there are those milestone birthdays which require some extra special celebrating and this was one of them! I have enjoyed the 30's......it's been a little passage way into really growing up and I think she feels the same!
She was quite excited about saying she was 30!
It was a beautiful day for flying balloons
sparkly strawberry cupcakes
decorating
{1. italian soda matching the color theme. 2. hung bunches of pictures on wire using spray painted clothes pins. 3. bought vintage books, cut out circles and sewed them together for "garland". 4. same at 1.}
chalkboard menu, flowers
{painted a canvas with chalkboard paint and then jon wrote out her birthday menu}
and FOOD!!!
{you know the Zimmerman girls are always good for some food}
So we dressed up
put on our party shoes
and spent the afternoon having some fun with her friends
{and she's made some really great/fun ones}
and family!
I am sooooo very proud to call her my sister!! She's worked very hard to make it to year 30 and I pray that God will richly bless the next many many years of her life! She is a beautiful girl both inside and out!
{not that ANYONE cares but my mind was so focused on making sure that we had everything packed for the party that I failed to pack my party clothes! uggghh!! don't you just hate an outfit mishap?!}

4 comments:

Kristi said...

oh geez you look so great, but i know what you mean...mama brain.

Home Project Manager said...

Karlie is so loved! I love how you all celebrated! Looks like an insanely good time! Love your great ideas. I think it's cute that Jon created the menu canvas.
xoxo

P.s. you looked super cute!

girlwithmoxy said...

Oh my oh my, you are SO going to school me on putting a good party together. I LOVE it! All those little touches. What a fun day!

girlwithmoxy said...

Oh my oh my, you are SO going to school me on putting a good party together. I LOVE it! All those little touches. What a fun day!